Installation Specification Of Cabinet Handles
Please read the instructions thoroughly prior to your installation.
- Electric drill
- 3/16″ drill bit
- Ruler or tape measure
- Masking tape (optional)
- Liberty brand AlignRight installation template
- Installation position. Common positions for cabinet handles are bottom-left and upper-left for upper and lower cabinets respectively.
- Measurement of hole-distance. Measuring to find the correct center-to-center distance between the holes at the back of the handle. The most popular is 3″, but your options will depend on the size of your cabinet doors.
- Mark the hole positions on your cabinet with ruler or tape measure. You can also use the reusable Liberty brand AlignRight cabinet hardware installation template to help with spacing. WARNING: If you use a power drill, always read and follow the operating and safety instructions in the power drill owner’s manual and the instructions for use. Always wear safety goggles to protect your eyes and wear other appropriate safety items for protection.
- Cover the marked-place with masking tape on the front of the cabinet in case of the potential damage from drilling.
- Steadily and slowly drill from the front, use minimal pressure to keep your cabinet from damaging and splintering.
- Use a screwdriver and provided fasteners to mount the handles or knobs onto your cabinet. ( Note: Be careful not to over-tighten the screws. )